Well, I’m a little late to the party, but here are the nine sewing projects I am hoping to work on this year.
- Hampton Jean Jacket by Alina Design Co. – I start this last year I think and am making it out of my Dad’s old jeans. It is about 90% of the way done, but I’d like to complete it for Spring this year.
- Gathered Sundress by Pattern Runway – I’ve had my eye on this one for a while. I will probably make it out of some bright printed cotton I have been saving.
- Nova Sweatshirt by Sinclair Patterns – I just finished one of the cowl version of this in an amazing bamboo terry before Christmas and I am in love with it! I definitely want to get another one done this year. No hoodie, no cowl. Just a simple raglan sweatshirt. I’ll share pics of my completed one soon!
- Morgan Jeans by Closet Core Patterns – I’ve been wanting to make a pair of jeans for a while because I can never find a pair that truly fit me. I have some denim in my stash from the 90s that I’ll be using for these hopefully!
- Lander Shorts by True/Bias – I made a pair of these button fly shorts last year and they are my absolute fave. I’ve got a couple of linens that I want to make these out of. I might make two pair! And perhaps a pair of the pants too.
- Kalle Shirtdress by Closet Core Patterns – I have had this pattern for a while now and I think it would be the perfect addition to my work from home spring wardrobe. Still haven’t decided on a fabric yet, but I’ve got a really nice chambray I think might work well for this.
- Carolyn Pyjamas by Closet Core Patterns – This is my favourite pattern because, who doesn’t like pyjamas? I have made the short sleeve and short set for myself, a second pair of shorts and the long sleeve and pants for my sister last Christmas. They are so comfy! I want to give these a whirl in a soft cotton for some summer weekend loungewear.
- Marlborough Bra by Orange Lingerie – I have had zero luck in making any bras. I struggle to get the right fit. I am determined to get one that fits off my machine this year. I have made this pattern before and it fit ok until I gained weight the next day. I’m running out of options as I am too large for most off the rack bras now. I have to get better at making muslins and maybe drafting my own pattern.
- Ogden Cami by True Bias – I have wanted to make this one for a while now. It seems to be the same style that I continue to buy off the rack so I figure I could make a couple this year. I’ll start with one though!
I found it so hard to narrow it down to just these nine projects. I’m sure they will change and I hope to finish more. I have been stockpiling fabric and patterns for many years and I think that 2021 is going to be the year that I start using them and building my handmade wardrobe!
I’m not very good at finishing things, so I’m going to post progress updates on Instagram (@allthatispretty) and a story of the finished item here. So stay tuned!